13.08.2012

Slam Show World Premiere

That was the title of the final event of my gap year in Rendsburg. Yes, it is sad but true; on August 31st my year at the ARS BALTICA Secretariat will end unfortunately.

But my plan to conclude my work with a very special and unique event worked very well. On August 10th circa 50 people gathered in the Nordkolleg Rendsburg to visit my world premiere. I planned the event together with Björn Högsdal from assembleArt Kiel. the subject of the evening was a culmination of Poetry Slam and audio play.

We booked Frank Langmack, Danish Slamchampion as special guest for the evening and furthermore Thorsten Wolff and Katharina Brutscher from Kiel, Helge Albrecht from Schleswig, Björn Högsdal himself and me myself as Poetry Slam artists for the evening.

The sounds were produced by Benjamin Holzapfel and Claudius Carstens (better known as "Herr Bösel") in advance. Main instrument was the contra bass. It was played live as well as the ukulele and a synthesizer.

So the Slam artists performed their texts live on stage while the audio engenieers played their produced and live sounds. Something like that is unique in both of the two scenes. Because of that it really was a world premiere. But becase of that it was an experiment, too.

Luckily the experiment worked really well. The audience was unanimously enthusiastic. The press gave us very nice review, too.

Here you can find the press project prequel of the SHZ (Schleswig Holsteinischer Zeitungsverlag).


Here you will find the press review of the SHZ.

The Kieler Nachrichten and the NDR 1 Welle Nord also reported about the project, unfortunately these reports aren't available online in the moment.



I really liked organizing the project although there are still some problems but this belongs to project working. I am just stunned and happy about the positive resonances I got from friends, colleagues and visitors of the show. 


Because of the successfull premiere Björn and me like to continue the project. 
Thus it is possible that you will here about Poetry Slam - Audio play events made by Högsdal/ Eihusen in the future.

Enjoy the photographic impressions of the evenings below!

















All rights of the photos are reserved to Jochen Bock.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen